Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thank you to all.

I know I need to catch up the blog.  I sit down at the computer to write and I feel overwhelmed as what to say.  Now more that ever, I feel that way.  Funny how you have so much to say and no words to say it.

My family are the greatest blessing in my life, or I should say, second only to God.  The tender mercies continue to come.  Day and night.

Sunday night, when Amy told me they wanted to do a benefit for us, I was overcome with emotion.  The last 5 months have been some of the hardest times in our lives, but they also have been the most blessed.  Funny how a different view of things makes you see differently.

Last night as I left the hospital and drove home in the snow, I said another prayer.  The roads were terrible and I wasn't sure I could even get up the hill to my house.  I said, "please Heavenly Father, send me some angels to help me get up the hill".  As I turned the corned, I watched a van slide down the hill.  I knew I was in trouble.  As I started up the hill, I thought I am not going to make it.  The car came to a stop as I slide into the snow.  But my prayer continued and I tried again.  Slowly, I crawled up the hill.  The car continued as I am sure the angels helped me make it to the top of the hill.

Today my gratitude continues as I am amazed at the kindness and love from others.

My children are going beyond the call when they take on this benefit.  Thank you to all of them for their kindness.  I love you all more than you can know.  Thanks for the help.

1 comment:

Bryan and Susan said...

Tears!! How grateful I am for the tender ways the Lord keeps reminding us that he is blessing you and Dad through this very difficult journey!!