Monday, July 5, 2010

A Tragedy, A Blessing, - A LEGEND HAS LEFT US



Even if we know it's coming eventually, how can one prepare for the lose of someone that has influenced your life beyond words.


Shock, disbelief, sadness and many many other thoughts have flooded my mind in the last several hours. We lost our Dad, mentor, teacher, the Family Patriarch, Spiritual example, and FRIEND on Independence Day July 4th, 2010 @ approx. 8:15 p.m.
As I laid down on my pillow early this morning waiting to fall asleep. I couldn't help but see his image each time I closed my eyes. It was those many wonderful images going thru my mind as I eventually succombed to exhaustion. I'm so grateful that those same images returned several hours later as I woke to face what I'm sure will be a very difficult day. Knowing that he is still looking down upon this wonderful family is offering up some of the needed comfort we will all be needing over the next few days.
The Fourth of July, which already means so much to me, will now take on a totally new meaning. How fitting that our country's birthplace (which when you think about it, really started with the BIRTH of our SAVOIR) and means so much to us in the restoration of the gospel, links so well to what Dad taught us all - LOVE of GOD, FAMILY & COUNTRY.
Thank you DAD, for being the person, I SOOOOOO want to be like.
Your Son,
Bryan

4 comments:

Joseph and Amy Katschke said...

such a thoughtful post! Thanks for giving words to many of the feelings I am having! Can't wait to be home and share memories together!

YaYa said...

oh my goodness! I am so sorry, I just saw this post! I will call you - Love you!

Joseph and Amy Katschke said...

I love the post, Dad!! I am having a hard time putting my feelings into words, but you expressed it beautifully!! Can't wait to see you this weekend and share memories together!

Joseph and Amy Katschke said...

funny that I am now on there twice, you can delete one, when I cot back on today it didn't show up so I posted again, sorry!