Monday, March 5, 2012

One day home.

We were so excited to get home. But as hard as it was in the hospital, sometimes being home is harder. Bryan is very weak. I knew he was when we were in the hospital, but it shows even more when we are home. He doesn't feel like eating, he can't sleep at night and life is overwhelming.

Granted, this is all from my perceptive. But it is hard to watch someone that was so strong--running 3 miles a day, to walking into the house is exhausting. What is the best way to rebuild strength in a short time. He is suppose to start chemo in 2 weeks and I don't know how the can happen.

He still has a great attitude and wants to win this challenge. He looks forward to the fall and having this behind him. But until then, we will take on step at a time.

A friend told Bryan that the cancer is his marathon. I think maybe he is right.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

A marathon for both of you. Being a caretaker can be so overwhelming. I am glad to hear he is so strong and positive. You are both very loved.

Andrea said...

Has he tried melatonin at night for sleeping? Just a suggestion we've used it with Gracie and I myself have tried it of course I'd double check with his Dr but it's over the counter and helpful for many cancer kids but doesn't make you drowsy when you wake up...our body naturally produces melatonin when the sun goes down. Getting home from a hospital stay can be overwhelming but a wonderful/difficult step towards the goal line! And no question this is a marathon for both of you... but you've made it through what 5 months already! Love you!

Sarah said...

Bryan & Susan, we are so sorry to hear of this trial Bryan and your family are facing. Trevor has been being updated by Jeff but you know husbands, the first I heard of this was last week. I cried when I heard the news. Bryan you are one of the most wonderful examples of optimism I have ever meet. We are so blessed to know you and Trevor was so blessed to work with you everyday. Pleae know that you are in our prayers daily and we would not miss coming to the benefit for the world. We will see you there.
Much Love, Trevor & Sarah Sorensen