Sunday, April 22, 2012

Things that matter!

As the roller coaster of life continues, I sat at BYU's graduation Friday afternoon reflecting on things. Friday marked a great day in my life. Ashley's husband Michael graduated from college making it the last of my children to graduate, All 4 of our children have graduated from college. All 4 of their spouses have graduated from college. Pretty amazing especially when you consider that Neither Bryan nor I graduated. That is something I felt was important. Sometimes my kids thought I was crazy, but I saw it as a stepping stone for they future. That matters. Friday was also our Wedding Anniversary of 33 years, We have weathered many storms and survived 33 years together. That matters. We have 4 children that have married 4 remarkable people. They were all married in the temple and they are all have testimonies of the gospel. That matters. All 4 of our children like being together. They get along and love each other. As many of you witnessed at the benefit that gave for Bryan, they are talented people. They all come together for a cause and made magical things happen. They were proof that they could do anything together. That matters. All 4 of our children have jobs, and are raising great children, which gives back to the community. That matters. Bryan and I lay in bed last night reflecting on the past 33 years. We realized that we have all the important stuff. We have blessings others only dream about. That matters. So when it comes to little things like cancer, we will take that trial. Because we have the things that matter.

3 comments:

Bryson and Alyssa said...

Sweetly put. Love this post, love you guys! Happy Anniversary.

Melissa said...

Beautiful post! You continue to inspire me.

Joseph and Amy Katschke said...

Thanks Mom! That was so amazing!!