Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post. I wish I could say it was because we are having so much fun, but not really. Bryan did change chemo plans and in a lot of ways, it has been much better. I guess if it is possible to say being on any kind of chemo is better. He hasn't had as many side effect, well side effects that were as noticeable. Fatigue is still a big side effect. He doesn't really like to think it is that. He will say, "I don't understand why I am so tired" and I will give him a look like REALLY!! He is hungry and craves sweets which is different for him. But the taste in his mouth and the way his tongue feels makes eating not that much fun. He continues to work, although some days are really more than he can manage. Getting to work by 9:00 a.m. is hard, and some days he is ready to be home by lunch. But he continues to press through it. He has decided that 9 holes of golf is really enough right now. But if you ask him to go 18 he will. He still has some pride on the course. His last treatment should end on Aug 23. Happy Day. We will celebrate and take a nap. What then, that is still the question. We'll keep you all posted when we find out.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

As for the taste buds I guess it's good for me to hear again that it affects taste to much b/c Gracie is SOOOOOOO picky and hasn't wanted to eat much...unless it's during the 3 hours she's not supposed to eat for her chemo. I'm sure that is part of it though I bet food doesn't taste good she just doesn't know any different or how to tell us! Dang chemo! Keep it up you guys are almost done with chemo...i know there is still the looming question of what next so it's hard to see that as an endpoint I'm sure. Love you guys!

Kraig said...

Hello Cousin Bryan. Aunt Mary sent us a link to the article in the paper and I followed the link to this site. We are very sorry to hear of your trial, but the way you are dealing with it is inspirational. You have a beautiful family - I wish we weren't so far away. I thank you for creating this site - even though it's less than good circumstances I love to keep up with family. Take care and keep positive. You are in our prayers.

Kraig & Beth